Released October, 5th 2016
This is a OpenWrt & source only release, because only upgrades are affected. RPi images are new installation and less likely affected.
- [Fix] Upgrade 1.1.x - 1.1.x does not create content symlink
Released October, 3rd 2016
- Quick release. 1.1.0 release was older then latest 1.1.0 development version
- [Fix] Translation en,fr LibraryBox → PirateBox
- [Fix] Spellings in translation
- [Fix] IRC startup command failed.
- [Removed] exchange_www.sh
Released September, 21th 2016
- [New] Enable / Disable file provisioning for custom lighttpd directory listing
- [New] ChatBox message is now in conf/chat_init.txt
- [New] Disable the Shoutbox to prevent writing into it
- [New] PHP configuration shipped, to enable easily for modifications
- [New] Mesh implementation, technical preview
- [New] JSON config file to direct client side applications, like “share apps”
- [New] Simply python IRC Server installed and prepareable for automatic start
- [New] Shoutbox-Time via Client-Date possible
- [New] Website is now available under /content and /opt/piratebox/share
- [New] [RPi] Service files for using a RTC at PiratBox
- [New] Redirect all DNS requests to local box via firewall (custom script)
- [New] Redirect all web request option via firewall (disabled) (custom script)
- [New] [OpenWrt] Redirect all DNS requests to local box via firewall
- [New] [OpenWrt] Redirect all web request option via firewall (disabled)
- [New] [OpenWrt] Enable all wifi devices with the PirateBox SSID
- [New] [OpenWrt] AP Client isolation activated per default
- [Changed] Send HTTP-Code 204 via PHP, much cleaner
- [Changed] Update jQuery to 2.2.3, removes IE ⇐8 support
- [Changed] Redirect happens now always to wished domain name
- [Changed] Droopy, make chmod operation optional (prevent errors on OpenWRT)
- [Fix] License Adjustments
- [Fix] Prevent JS Injection in Shoutbox
- [Fix] Shoutbox: Missing blank between author and content
- [Fix] Fix problem when running in small display mode at direcotry listing.
- [Fix] Add xhtml mime type in lighttpd configuration
Released February, 5th 2016
- [OpenWrt] [New] *still in Test* Device support TP-Link TL-WR1043ND version 3
- [OpenWrt] [New] Device support TP-Link TL-W703N 1.7
- [OpenWrt] [New] *still in Test* Device GL-CONNECT GL-iNet AR-150(-ext)
- [New] Lock shoutbox when you send a message.
- [New] Display disk space usage on front page.
- [New] Add webm mime-type to lighttpd
- [RPi] [New] RPi2 and Zero support
- [RPi] [New] USB activation scripts.
- [RPi] [New] udev rules for piratebox activation
- [RPi] [New] Script for activating the correct hostap for Realtek chipsets
- [RPI] [New] wpa_supplicant fallback if no AP enabled WiFi device was found
- [Fix] Send a proper HTTP Reason code back
- [Fix] Fix version number in RPi MOTD.
- [Fix] Insert mime-type for .svg
- [Fix] Improve Shoutbox update speed after sending a message.
- [Fix] Do not cleanup the rootfs if Shared folder does not exist.
The following fixes are based upon improvements on LibraryBox, contributed back to Piratebox:
- [OpenWrt] [Fix] extendRoot: if Openwrt.img is deleted, it does not fill up the firmware space anymore
- [OpenWrt] [New] auto-installer: Create the possibility to autoflash devices with subfolder auto_flash
- [OpenWrt] [New] auto-installer: Stop the autoinstaller once when file “stop.txt” is found on the USB stick
- [OpenWrt] [New] auto-installer: Make Multi-reboot package install possible
- [OpenWrt] [Fix] auto-installer: Several bugfixes, for unexpected removed files:
- Looping instalation
- Wrong setup orders
- Avoid installation on root filesystem
- [OpenWrt] [Fix] auto-installer: Minidlna configure feature via box_init_setup.sh
Released on October 1, 2015
- [Fix] Styling of the upload box iframe was quite ugly.
Released on September 13, 2015
- [New] Improved styling for droopy iframe.
- [New] Timesave script service file to run set the time during startup.
- [Fix] Droopy call in
init.d/pirateboxfailed to use the correct port.
- [Fix] Timesave script behaviour fixed on full Linux systems. OpenWrt's date format is now customized during build &
Released on August 13, 2015
- [New] New feature: /opt/piratebox/bin/board-autoconf.sh for setting up the imageboard
- [New] Droopy update: Multiple upload
- [New] Droopy update: In general user/password setting (non configurable via PirateBox)
- [New] imageboard: inital dummy page for a not installed board.
- [New] Send HTTP-Code 204 for Android devices, avoids captive Portal and leaving devices.
- [Fix] Some script cleanups
- [Fix] Improved Cachehandling
- [Fix] Modified index HTML structure for increased stylability
- [Fix] Droopy update: Language encoding
- [Fix] Droopy update: Uploaded filepermission can be configured. PirateBox default: 755
- [Fix] Fix not refreshing shoutbox after bootup
- [Fix] Show station count again, after it is enabled
- [Removed] Droopy update: Include hostname to templates (not needed anymore)
- [Removed] Droopy update: Field including iframe for shoutbox (not needed anymore)
- [Removed] Droopy update: iOS fake answer code, which was included in lighttpd since Piratebox 0.5.x
- [Removed] exchange_www.sh : This feature is not available anymore, because it breaks more then it helps.
- [Removed] Unnessecary AJAX calls & files from pre 1.0
Released on December 26, 2014
- [Fix] Settings for correct permission of shoutbox files
- [Fix] Broken probe function in some shells
- [Fix] Issues with Python scripts on some plattforms
- [Fix] Fixes in installation script
- [Fix] Distribute files did not work with folder containing whitespaces
Released on October 10, 2014
- [New] [OpenWRT] Optimized handling of mount options in extendRoot
- [New] [RPi] Service File for RPi image
- [New] Remove # in front of secret & password to force user to change it before using the board
- [Fix] Changed setting permissions for shoutbox data file
- [Fix] Several typos in scripts
- [Fix] Typo in the front page and the directory listing
- [Fix] in timsave.sh while restoring date&time
- [Fix] [OpenWRT] Timesave for creating bootup and restore
- [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fix for “already installed” recognition to skip parts
- [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fix for errors during installing piratebox-mod-imageboard because of duplicate links
- [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fix for LED flashing during auto install (box-installer on image)
- [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fix for error messages on package reinstall. (extendRoot)
- [Fix] No duplicate symlink after double “part2” via install_piratebox.sh
- [Fix] Button padding in UI
- [Fix] Board Link out of nested Shared folder
- [Fix] Russian Translation in Droopy
- [Fix] ReDistribute DirectoryListing files upon initialization on first Startup
- [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fixing customization of lease-file location for OpenWRT
- [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fixes issues when extendRoot couldn't get initialized correctly
- [Fix] [RPi] Bootup issue with some USB-wifi sticks.
- [Fix] Prevent XSS in forest.py
Released on May 30, 2014
- [New] Responsive design based on Bootstrap
- Updated Homepage
- Directory Listing redesign
- [New] [RPi] Built new Raspberry Pi(rate)Box image using Arch Linux
- [New] UPnP Media Server added to base system (ReadyMedia, formerly MiniDLNA)
- Sample configuration for UPnP Server (for normal Linux and OpenWRT)
- [New] Image Board added to base system (Kareha) which provides 4chan functionality.
- [New] Hostname modification now possible during install using install_piratebox.sh
- Hostname changing generates the redirect.html now based on a Schema file
- [New] [Android] First Official PirateBox Android release
- Installable (requires root) via Google Play store and downloadable APKs
- [Fix] Timesave script cleanup
- Timesavescript is called now via
- [Fix] Added JSON Mime-Type to lighttpd configuration
- [Fix] Enabled unescaped blanks in Upload-Folder
- [Fix] Security improvements
Released on September 28, 2013
- [Fix] iOS 7 captive Portal fix
- [Fix] Hide dot files in directory-listing which are usually hidden files.
Released on June 07, 2013
- [New] Mime-Type for epub files
- [New] No caching in redirect.html that would prevent a bit the browser-cache poisening problem.
- [Fix] Several fixes for installing kareha on non-OpenWRT devices
- [Fix] kareha installation error improvements
Released on April 09, 2013
- [Fix] Changed interface-Setup. This fixes the problems with some USB-Wifi cards.
Released on March 28, 2013
- [Fix] Aligned Script-version-Number to the OpenWRT Version-Number
- [New] Forban Link-integration
- [New] Timesave-script (restores the last know time during bootup… will keep sort order of kareha-board)
- [Fix] Added MP4 mimetype to lighttpd
- [Fix] improvements about ext_www folders
- [Fix] Environment-Variable generation for lighttpd to enhance Shoutbox stuff
- [New] Spacers for further Mesh integration