This is an old revision of the document!
Technical FAQs and troubleshooting pages for the PirateBox. For general questions about the project, please visit the PirateBox FAQs page.
For technical assistance with OpenWrt, please visit the OpenWrt Troubleshooting page.
For technical assistance with the Raspberry Pi(rate)Box, please visit the Raspberry Pi(rate)Box Troubleshooting page.
For general questions about the PirateBox project, please refer to the FAQ page.
For additional support, please visit the PirateBox Forum.
Please note: Before posting on the forum, please review this article on “How To Ask Questions The Smart Way”.
Key recommendations include:
- Use meaningful, specific subject headers
- Be explicit about your question
- Be precise and informative about your problem
- Grovelling is not a substitute for doing your homework
- Describe the problem's symptoms, not your guesses
- Describe your problem's symptoms in chronological order
- Describe the goal, not the step
- Don't ask people to reply by private e-mail or private message
- Courtesy never hurts, and sometimes helps
- Follow up with a brief note on the solution if you find one