UPnP Media Server on OpenWRT PirateBox 1.0
The following HowTo describes HowTo setup and minidlna1) Server on your OpenWRT PirateBox. This HowTo applies to a non-auto installed PirateBox. It is tested with current (2013-06-12) custom-image including the stable Attitude Adjustment release. This is very useful for Apple clients!
- Login into your PirateBox and reconfigure your /etc/config/network that you get internet access (like on the DIY HowTo)
- Run the following command to enable DNS resolution
- Next step initialize opkg and install it into the extended installation destination called “piratebox”. The ln stuff links over the important stuff
opkg update opkg install minidlna -d ext ln -s /mnt/ext/etc/config/minidlna /etc/config/ ln -s /mnt/ext/etc/init.d/minidlna /etc/init.d/ ln -s /mnt/ext/usr/bin/minidlna /usr/bin
- Next step is to download and bring my preconfigured configuration in place.
- Important note There is logfile, but as far as I considered it, there is no information about the connections.
- It points to the Directory /mnt/usb/PirateBox/Shared
cd /tmp wget http://downloads.piratebox.de/openwrt.example.minidlna cp openwrt.example.minidlna /mnt/ext/etc/config/minidlna
- Edit the config if you want to… (ie. change displayed name)
- Start it now
You are done! Thank you David Darts for this idea!