→ Please report working and non-working hardware and firmware in the Hardware support-Thread ←
The following is a list of recommended hardware.
Please note the symbols system used below:
- ?? – unknown state. Device was maybe reported, but not in detail. Or it is to new to have enough informations.
- N/A – not available
- work – known as working, tested & multiple feedback received.
- should work – should be working, because it follows the same architecture as one device known as working.
- X – won't work, because it is too new and has no OpenWRT support, or hardware is to weak.
As a general rule, you should always try to use a stable image. Trunk images should only be used as a last resort. The custom images contain all needed kernel-packages to get USB access without installing additional packages from the internet. That is quite useful, if you mess something up. Trunk images are testing images on the latest development level. They often contain changes and may not work. Currently, the trunk images are not supported by the PirateBox framework. Find out the reason why.
If you have to use a trunk image, choose a custom image if the version of the custom image (see below) is bigger or equal than the image number in the OpenWRT-Wiki page, like
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr10u --> OpenWrt Version Supported: r36722 Custom imagebuild version: r38430 **should work**
About our custom images
Our custom PirateBox images currently use the AA 12.091) release from OpenWRT. PirateBox Forum member “FriedZombie” has backported the device support from trunk into the AttitudeAdjustment code-base, in order to increase hardware compatibility for additional OpenWrt devices. You can find his github repository here: https://github.com/FriedZombie/OpenWrt_Attitude-Adjustment_backports
Custom-Image download folder:
- stable (that contains fixes for supporting newer devices): http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/ar71xx_AA_BB_0.1/
Custom-Image with automatic installation download folder:
- stable/auto (that contains fixes for supporting newer devices): http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/auto/
Unmodified OpenWRT-Image download folder: